Life's Precious (yes, including yours!)

Saw this excerpt from today Straits Times, "Young suicides spark concern in Malaysia". The article was written by Teo Cheng Wee, Regional Correspondent. I would have to applaud at the creativity of the prose (can be easily seen as a poem too!) of "Life's Precious".

LIFE'S PRECIOUS

1. Jumping from the 11th floor...

2. I see the loving couple on the 10th floor fighting with each other...

3. I see Peter on the 9th floor, who is usually strong, weeping in secret...

4. Ms Y on the 8th floor finding her fiance in bed with her good friend...

5. Dan Dan on the 7th floor taking antidepressants...

6. Unemployed Ah Xin on the 6th floor going through seven papers a day for a job...

7. Revered teacher Wang on the 5th floor wearing his wife's undies...

8. Rose on the 4th floor in another break-up...

9. Uncle Y on the 3rd floor yearning for visitors daily...

10. Lily on the 2nd floor looking at a photo of her husband, who vanished soon after their marriage...

11. Before I jumped, I thought I was the unluckiest person in the world...

12. Now I realise everyone has problems others don't know about...

13. After seeing them, I deeply realise I was actually doing okay...

14. All the people I saw are now looking at me...

15. And perhaps after observing me, they will think they're okay after all...